Thursday, February 21, 2013

Can You Tell Me If I Was In Ghana And Got My?

confirmation on a fly back to the states, but could not come right back for a few months, would there be a penalty i had to pay to rebook my ticket so i can fly out.

Best Answer

It depends on the conditions of the ticket you bought. Some are open ended and allow you to change dates for free, some are non-changeable/non-refundable and you forfeit it if you don't fly on that date, and some have a change fee which could be about $25-50 to change the date

The only way to find out is to call the airline directly with the passenger name and flight number and date and they will look up the booking conditions and advise whether this ticket can be changed or not, and if there is any charge to change the flight date

Or ask this question before you book your ticket. Don't book online - either book through a travel agent or by calling the airline. If you think there is a chance you might have to change your return date, then tell them you are either looking for an open ended ticket, or for a ticket where you can change the date by paying a fee - but find out the change fee before you book

I had to change my flight date from LA to London last summer and I only had to pay a $50 fee to change the dates because of the ticket I have. But when I travel for business, they usually buy changeable/refundable tickets so there is no fee to change the return date

No comments:

Post a Comment