Thursday, February 28, 2013

Is Bringing A Wooden Toy Sword To The Airport Illegal?

I plan to buy a wooden sword (designed like a medieval sword) with a scabbard while at the Philippines and on the way to NAIA Airport (Ninoy Aquino international Airport) when we are to depart for Qatar onboard Qatar Airways,is it legal? I don't know if it is allowed to bring it with me whether its in the luggage or a handbag and I'm worried that it might get detected in the detector while scanning the luggages.Is it illegal to bring it? Is there a way that I could explain it to the security if they ask me? Thanks a lot,guys.

Best Answer

Definetely not legal to bring in a handbag. Possibly with a check-in luggage. I would recommend to call airport information to make sure. It could be considered as you trying to transport weapons to other countries :D. But it should be alright as a check-in luggage. ;)
Its different in some countries I guess. But my brother once brought a wooden machete with no problem in a check-in luggage.
On the other hand, my friend bought a suvenir bullet necklace in Russia and they arrested him (hilarious story by the way :D).
Good luck ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment