Friday, February 22, 2013

Is It Safe To Travel In Spain Right Now?

I have a hunch I'm going to Spain soon. It' s just a hunch I can't be sure. But I want to know is it safe right now? I really want to go but better safe than sorry.

Best Answer

I believe you are from the USA but forgive me if I'm wrong.

My reason for mentioning this is that compared to the USA, Spain is extremely safe. As an example check out the murder rate per 100,000 of population for 2012.
Detroit - 58.1
New Orleans - 53.5
St. Louis - 35.5
Cleveland - 24.6
Chicago - 18.7

Spain - 0.9
Of all the European countries, where figures are available, Spain has the 4th lowest murder rate behind Austria, Slovenia and Germany.

I would add that as a visitor you should never drop your guard and be aware that pickpocketing and muggings do happen, as they do in many countries. Don't get into situations or areas where you become vulnerable.

Spain is a great country, so just enjoy it.
Edited 34 minutes ago

No comments:

Post a Comment