Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros And Cons Of Becoming A Backpacker?

Straight out of high school, so between the ages of 20-24?

Best Answer

gotta say...you are getting out of high school at age 20?

I think you should do it. Con is that you don't necessarily get to start building towards a career, but the pros will outweigh that no problem, and esp. If you're not sure what you want to do yet then why the heck not!? I haven't backpacked around much, but I have traveled a bit and I hitchiked across Canada. Do it before you've got student loans to pay off!!! I regret not doing it more. Now I'm stuck in a bach. degree program that I think is fairly useless, and that is costing me an arm and a leg, but that I can't reasonably stop now. Whatever you do, don't just work out of school, or if you do go overseas or something. Either go travel or keep going to school. Those are the two choices. Work to fund your travels of course, but don't get caught in the trap of having a shitty job for years before you come to the realization that you haven't done anything you wanted to do yet because you'vebeen working your youth away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment