Thursday, February 21, 2013

What To Take To Brazil?

I'm moving to Brazil for a year and a half to do missionary work. Specifically I'll be in the state of Santa Catarina. I'm wondering what kind of things I should bring with me that I wont be able to find there or that is much cheaper here (in the United States).

Best Answer

Wow you are in for a real treat!!! I served my mission in Santa Catarina and I have been back about a year and a half. despite what you may think it does get pretty cold there. It snowed a couple times, but the summers are extremely hot. I'm assuming you are a sister missionary because of the time, I don't know everything the sisters used on the mission, but the president lets you wear coats and most of the sisters would wear thick long socks or nylons i think. You have washing machines in every apartment but no dryers. so bring things that dry easily becuase the humidity there makes it very difficult to dry. Socks take at least a week at times when there is no sun. So a blow dryer is nice to have to dry things quicker. Really the only things that are cheaper here are electronics. If you want to buy a camera down there it is very expensive. They only have roll-on deoderant though so take a bunch with you or you can have your parents ship you some, warning though packages do get opened and stuff gets taken, my mom would cover my boxes with catholic saint stickers and i didn't ever have anything taken, also when they write what they are sending just put"missionary supplies" thats what it is, and they don't expect anything to fancy or nice in it cause there really isn't. But i'm so jeleous of you right now, Florianopolis is the most beautiful place ever and the people are amazing!!!! Oh one more thing I took toothpaste, they have toothpaste, i just like american stuff better. I don't know if there is a way to get in contact with you without everyone knowing who I am ha ha but I would be more than happy to help you!
29 minutes ago

No comments:

Post a Comment