Sunday, February 24, 2013

Learning Japanese - Where Do I Begin?

I do know what Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji are, but that's pretty much it. I would love to learn how to read, write, speak and understand the language, but I just don't know where to begin.
Since I am only a 15 year old girl, I can't exactly go and take classes and I don't have the money to buy audio teaching-things and whatever that stuff is.
I already have taught myself how to play the piano and guitar, so I guess that with the help of my laptop, teaching myself another language shouldn't be that hard. And I do know other languages besides English, so learning other languages is not a problem either. I just don't know where to begin in this particular language.
Basically, I need some help from you guys telling me in what order I should learn the basic stages of Japanese.
So... help? :)
Thank you so much, you amazing people!

Best Answer

You sound just like me :D I am also a 15 year old girl who loves Japanese culture, taught myself paino and guitar, and cannot afford lessons. I was researching the Japanese language today and yesterday actually, and I found this guy who taught himself Japanese through anime. He's pretty cool and seems to know what he is talking about, you should check out his videos.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh1fQbLQx...
And, you seem like a hands-on person who, with the right supplies, could teach yourself the language, which I am hoping to do too. He doesn't teach e v e r y t h i n g about the Japanese language, but I did learn everything in his lessons and hopefully sometime in the future, I'll be able to speak fluent Japanese somehow.
Keep in mind that learning Japanese in a short time without a plan, a teacher, or program isn't exactly realistic, and all that stuff which I'm sure you already know.
That wasn't much help, but I had to answer your question because I'm on the same boat as you. So, I guess just check out his videos and good luck to you :D
Edited 1 hour ago

No comments:

Post a Comment