Thursday, March 7, 2013

Is A Backpack Okay To Wear In London?

I am going to London in a few weeks with some friends and i am terrible about setting my purse down and just leaving it. On top of that we will be biking. I wanted to just buy a small backpack but my mom said that she wasn't comfortable me carrying around that much money in a backpack. we are obviously going to be tourist and will make an easy target. Is she right? Should i deal with a purse?

Best Answer

Honestly I feel like most people that get pickpocketed either aren't being careful or are being super obvious about being tourists. I've gone into London loads of times and haven't had a problem. Just make sure if you have a backpack to take it off when you're on the tube and just set it down at your feet. This is for safety and it's also just polite. Try to keep the money on your body (in a discreet jacket pocket) or hidden deep in your bag. Just make sure that anything valuable is wrapped in something and at the bottom. Usually when people get pickpocketed it's on whatevers in the outside pockets. I doubt anyone's going to have the balls to steal your entire bag unless you're being careless.

No comments:

Post a Comment