Saturday, March 9, 2013

On The CTA Blue Line, How Do You Change Cars During The Train Ride?

Because I see people do it every now and then, even when the train is moving, but I never tried it myself in all my life, being 25, now living my whole life in Chicago.

1. Is it as simple as just opening one door, but then you'd also have to open the door for the other car. Is that easy to do during the ride?
2. How dangerous is it trying to move between cars during?
3. They seem to say emergency exits. So does that mean it's not actually legal to move between cars?
1 hour ago

Best Answer

1. It is a clumsy procedure. The doors require a bit of strength, and can be sticky at times.
2. You bet it is dangerous. Unlike a regular train, the space between cars is open and unprotected. It's not hard to lose your balance and fall off.
3. You could be ticketed for doing this, although it is not likely anyone will make a big deal out of it.
31 minutes ago

No comments:

Post a Comment