Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cheapest Time To Go To Australia?

Recently I discovered I have Australian blood. So now I wanna go see Australia first hand.
However I am not rich. I can not afford a $1,600 plane ticket. Is there a particular time, it's a lot cheaper ? Like $500-$600 ? My dream is to go one day. I live Kentucky.

Best Answer

Without trying to be rude, Miami, if you cannot afford the plane fare you certainly will not be able to afford a stay here. It is very expensive here for accommodation/food/car hire etc. Our cost of living is expensive compared with the US.

Just to demonstrate the equivalent costings. all in US$s :-
US Motel/Hotel $60-120/night. Aust. $100-250/night.
US meal/person decent restaurant $10 - 15. Aust $20-40.

Actually you can almost double the cost of anything.

Then you have to have an appropriate visa, travel insurance including health and enough money to support yourself while here, which in most cases is $Au5000/month or access to that amount and a return ticket.

Still, as you only just discovered your Australian connection, hold the dream and start saving. You will achieve it.

$1,600 from Kentucky seems like a good deal actually.

The best time to come to Australia is in our late spring about October/November.. The weather is getting warmer and the native flora is blooming.
  • 2 people rated this asgood

No comments:

Post a Comment