Friday, March 8, 2013

Beautiful Places To Visit In Japan?

Could anyone tell me about some places in Japan? And could anyone give me names of places like"Kyoto" and"Harajuku" or just famous and beautiful places in general, that have attractive scenes, shops, sights etc? I've never been to another country yet, so correct me if I'm wrong about anything in this question ^_^'.

So, in general, the best places to go shopping, the best places to see the scenery, the best shrine places, traditional temples and popular places to eat, buy clothes and for tourists; the places with the most beautiful names, or even just your favourite place in Japan! Thanks to everyone, your answers are all very helpfu, and I really appreciate itl~!!

Best Answer

I loved Kyoto! Kiyomizu-dera was definitely my favourite temple. It's a bit bigger than most temples and it has a lot of different structures. It's located high enough so you can get a great view of Kyoto. There are also nice shops on the street that leads you there. I also liked the Kinkaku-ji temple. There's not much to see there to be honest but that place is just so beautiful. I also highly recommend going to Fushimi Inari, a shrine. It's well-known for it's path lined with thousands of torii (gates).

Back in Tokyo... I think that Harajuku is overrated but that's just my opinion. It used to be a huge thing for fashion but it's not as impressive as it was. For shopping, if you're looking for high-end stuff, Ginza is the place where you want to go. Shibuya is also great for shopping. I also liked a mall called"Aqua City" where you will also be able to see Tokyo's Statue of Liberty, and the one in Kawagoe (which, by the way, is an interesting place to visit for its traditional architecture and it's not far from Tokyo). If you're still looking for temples, I recommend that you go to Asakusa where there's also a nice little market. You can also go to the Skytree Tower from there. Oh, and the Daibutsu (big Buddha) in Kamakura is a must-see, plus there's a beach nearby.

If you're planning on using the train (e.g. if you want to visit Tokyo and Kyoto) it is likely to be a lot cheaper for you to buy the JR Pass (Japan Rail Pass). It's a bit costly but train tickets can be very expensive. You should know, however, that those can ONLY be ordered from OUTSIDE of Japan, which means that you have to order yours at least 10 days before your departure.
1 hour ago

No comments:

Post a Comment