Saturday, March 2, 2013

Plains Bison Population In Canada?

I've been looking around lately, and I can't find any direct info on the Plains Bison population in Canada. I know the number of Wood Bison (for some reason there very clear on that) but the Plains Bison census is a little sketchy. Also, if you could direct me to what National Parks these herds belong to, that would also be helpfull.

Thanks, and sorry if I have said or done something wrong on Yahoo, I'm still new to it.

Best Answer

You are having some trouble doing research.
www.iucnredlist.org/details/full/...

The parks they are in is the information you already have from Parks Canada/Banff.
Elk Island National Park ,Wood Buffalo National Park,Prince Albert National Park.

There are not herds of Buffalo Roaming the Prairies any more.There is an estimated 15,000 considered wild in all of North America. Those that wander from National Parks face Human predators.

No comments:

Post a Comment